CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

weekend update

*I was very blessed by Sunday. After church, we took Susan and Matthew with us and met Josh, Jackie and the girls in Watertown. I can not begin to tell you much having three of my grandchildren together meant to me. I can say without reservation, that after a few more times with the girls, Matthew is sure to become a veteran shopper. Lael was an absolute riot.....I found a jacket I liked for Alyssa in Old Navy but she(Alyssa) said "No, no Gramma, I want something purple" and proceeded to show me a pink and purple skirt. Alyssa liked it and it looked good to me but Lael said "A skirt for Alyssa, what are you two thinking"......"Alyssa, look around for something that you will actually wear". Susan and I were in stitches. She ended up picking a pair of rain boots (pink with flowers) which she assured me she needed as a rat ate a hole in the ones she had in the back room!

*Lael gave Matthew his bottle of juice and an arrowroot cookie. ("the entire thing, from beginning to end, all by myself") I am amazed by this child. Maybe because I miss her (both of them) so much, that she seems to have grown up so much in the weeks since I have seen her. Alyssa's vocabulary has grown by leaps and bounds but then she has Lael for a role model. Have a mentioned lately what a great job I think Jackie does with the girls. In my opinion, Josh has the perfect wife for himself. He is truly blessed with Jackie.

* What I thought would have been dinner out ended up being Wendy's. What and/or where we ate however, was not important........I was just blessed to have two of my children and three of my grandchildren with me for the afternoon.

* Well, today being Valentine's day, my sweet Wm. offered to take me out to eat. Since we did not have reservations anywhere, I opted to go to the grocery and then pick up a pizza on the way home......now, I am sure you are thinking I have a terrible diet (Wendy's on Sunday and then pizza tonight) but I actually do cook good food on most nights. Josh called this afternoon and asked if I got anything from Dad for Valentine's day, I told him I did not need a gift to know that my husband loved me. I have known that for 30+ years!

Yes, I am definitely blessed!

2 comments:

Dawn Mattice said...

Aren't Jackie's girls just adorable? I think she does a great job too, but maybe I am biased. :) Congrats on the newest grandchild!!

my life on the mountain said...

I have to agree. It is a special blessing when family can get together and enjoy the time. I miss them everyday and hope to be able to see them soon. I have seen pics of Matthew , he is very cute.