CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 15, 2006

Special Mother's Day

My Mother's Day was excellent beginning with church. We are going to become members next Sunday. (we took the membership class last October) I have to tell this story here: When we arrived at church a CD was playing before the service started. Wm. went back to ask if the CD was Derek's and it was. I should not have been surprised as Faith Chapel is an Elim Church, but I was none the less.

Susan and Matty came over for dinner. Wm. cooked some steaks on the grill and we had baked potatoes, salad and strawberry shortcake. We opted for eating at home as we would have had a long wait no matter where we went for dinner as not only was it Mother's Day but SU graduation. Susan took us to Tassone's for dinner tonight instead for my Mother's Day gift. Monday night is all you can eat crab legs! Oh, I love crab legs.

Both my sons called me to wish me Happy Mother's Day. So, Morrigan, Lael and Alyssa wished me Happy Mother's Day. All three of the girls told me the four best words a grandmother can ever hear......."I love you, Gramma". 3 out of 4; and someday I will hear Matty say those words too!

Matty is crawling now and he has learned to move the walker in every direction. He spent a good part of the afternoon running up and down the hall after Zoe. Poor Zoe, it didn't take long to wear her out....after all, Bassets are not known for running (and she will be 8 in Dec.)



2 comments:

sam said...

It sounds like a wonderful day indeed.

Dawn Mattice said...

Glad to hear that you had such a great day! :) I also happen to love crab legs - maybe someday we will meet and share some. LOL :)