CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Hazy, Hot, Humid..........Downpours

With the weather unseasonably hot and humid and no real signs of relief even after the rains......not a lot is getting accomplished. I am unable to walk in this heat, despite the fact that Matty goes to the door several times a day, pounds on it and keeps repeating, "go, go". Today, however, Wm. did get most of the front porch painted/stained before the torrential rains.

Susan and I took Matty and went to BJ's. We did not renew our card when it expired. Wm. was not sure we got enough there to make it worth it. Susan has one as that is where she gets the diapers, etc. On the way there, we were driving in a thunder and lightning storm. Parts of the city lost power. (Stephanie had invited us all over for cake and ice cream to celebrate Michael's birthday and Jay (her brother and his fiance were coming from Burlington) She was one of homes to loose power.

Matthew will turn one on Thurs. It is so hard for me to believe this is the same little 5# baby that was born 5 weeks early. Now he weighs more than 25# and is over 29" tall. He is such a blessing and was well worth the wait of close to 15 yr. I do miss the north country and the life we had there, but I am not sure I can even imagine my life without him.

Because of Matty's birthday, Josh and Jackie will bring the girls down. Susan is so looking forward to seeing them......ha, like I'm not! They are back from vacation now and I can not wait to hear all about it from the girls.

The church was packed last week. Now it is smaller because of the construction for the viewing nursery but in all fairness, a lot of people were there for the healing. I do not know how many received healings.
Speaking of the church, here is something you may not be aware of. Eric Trelease and his wife, Jen, have been coming to Faith Chapel. They are living in Marcellus and Eric is working at Handheld in Skaneateles.

0 comments: