CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Sit and Spin

:: Sit and spin has become a new favorite for Matthew of late. I am sure you are conjuring up pictures of him sitting on the sit and spin and laughing as he spins round and round. Well, you would be half right. He giggles as he sits and spins but he just sits and spins on his bottom on the floor or porch or wherever he might be when he decides to do it. I must admit, I have never seen a child do this before, but it does make me laugh to watch him. We thought once about getting him a sit and spin for his birthday, but why? Obviously, he has just as much fun without one.

:: Saturday has become the only day I have to get groceries, and check out the stores around here. Last week, I told Wm. that I wanted to go to the tent sale. So, he drove to the Syroco plant tent sale. I have always wanted to go to this. It is only one weekend a yr. that they have their tent sale. We got there in the afternoon and all the tan Adirondack chairs like what we had on our porch were gone. They had a lot of other colors and styles though. I ended up getting 3 Bentwood chairs in the same tan color with 2 side tables to match. Now for the best part.......the chairs were $7 each and the tables were $4 each. I was not done with tent sales and after we loaded the car, we ventured on to the tent sale at the Syracuse China factory outlet. Now the prices at the outlet are excellent but the tent sale is unbelievable.....I got some glasses to replace some that we broke in the move for 25 and 49 cents each (depending on the size). If you love hunting for what you want and don't mind picking through a ton of boxes before you find what you are looking for, then this is the sale for you. Their sale is actually the whole month of July.

:: Well, I am very disappointed not to be attending CFC tomorrow when Andrew, Kathy and John Eastmond will be there. I love them and we have been friends since we lived in Pulaski and they stayed with us. I thought that we may be able to see them when they were in Syracuse but just learned that this year they are not scheduled to be here. :-(

:: Faith Chapel is having a healing service with Mark Swiger tomorrow. He is an Evangelist who has served as missionary to India for many years. More on that later.

1 comments:

Andy and Amanda Wheeler said...

Sit-in-spin was my absolute favorite toy ever as a child. What fun!

Hope your having a wonderful week!