CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 06, 2006

bits and pieces

I don't really have a lot to say here.

I can not believe that Lael has started CFA today. When did she get to be that old, or rather when did I get that old. The time just seems to fly by. I remember my mother saying that when my children were young, and in her words "what goes around comes around". I guess.

Matty is drooling more than I have ever seen a baby do before.......actually, more like the slobbering Zoe has been doing lately. I can see that Matty is getting more teeth. As far as Zoe is concerned, I have no idea why she is slobbering so. When we lived in Canton and she was very young, we had a neighbor who had a basset, an older on, who slobbered so that he had to carry a roll of paper towels on their walk. Now I thought this was just Beau but maybe bassets get to be even more wet mouthed dogs the older they become. Who knows? Well, not me but maybe I should research this. Zoe has been even more laid back than usual, choosing to sleep the day away on our bed (out of Matty's reach) Don't misunderstand, Matty is good with Zoe and she is with him, but I think Zoe is just too old to have Matty chase her through the house.

On another note, our washer/dryer is still not hooked up , upstairs here. The water and dryer vent is in and the laminate is down. Wm. has been working over nearly every night and even going in on Sat. and earlier than usual on a few mornings this week. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Wm. has been so good to take the laundry down and do it for me since my back, hip and knee are getting worse instead of better.

Matty has discovered the little broom that the girls had in the toy box at our house. He is sweeping up a storm. (better with that than the swiffer he was using). Not only does enjoy his sweeping, he uses it as a weapon to ward off old fat grammas who think it is time for a nap!

Talked to Morrigan last night who is looking forward to the birth of her new brother and her birthday both within days of each other in Feb. She told me of what is going on in her life in Raleigh and wanted me to tell her about Lael and Alyssa and Matty. When asked if her mommy was getting fatter, she answered "she's just perfect". She wanted to know when Aunt Jackie was going to have her new baby and if we knew what it was going to be. She told me all about what they were planning for the nursery for Max. Exciting stuff !

Guess I had more to say than I thought!

1 comments:

Andy and Amanda Wheeler said...

I think drooling is a basset thing. Molly drools terribly, especially when she's excited or there is food involved!