CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Quite a week

Well, this has been quite a week so far.

Sunday morning, we went to Canton, (I was missing the girls so very much and Alyssa's party got pushed back another weekend) Now, spontaneity is not one of Wm.'s strong suits, so this was exciting. We called ahead and the girls were waiting for us. We went to Ponderosa, Lael's favorite and Jackie can always find something there for Alyssa to eat.

When we got home I had a message on the machine saying that my half sister, Dawn had passed away. Now this is going to sound strange to most of you.....we really had no kind of a relationship with each other......growing up our families wanted it that way. It was not until my father died that we actually sat down and talked. Even as old as we were, her mother asked her not to have a relationship with us (at that time, my sister Susan was still alive). Dawn respected her mother's wishes. Wm and I went to the funeral home on Mon. night and to the funeral on Tues. This is the good part. We had to take Matty with us to the funeral (long story) and part way through, Wm. took him outside so he could walk around. The woman sitting behind me said that someone had gone to pray with Dawn every few days since she became sick. (she had Lupus and was bedridden at the end) She said that Dawn was so pleased for people to come and pray with her and for her. I was very encouraged by this and other things the woman shared.

Yesterday, I had an appointment at the Imaging clinic on Taft Rd. I was to have 2 MRI's done. They had closed MRI's! I was shocked.......even up in rural SLC, the MRI's were open. Now I had a horrid migraine most of the night Tuesday and when I got up on Wed. it really was no better. The banging from the machine did not help matters. (It sounded like a jack hammer and they even gave you ear plugs) I was to get one of my neck also. Now there was absolutely no way I intended to stick my head in there. I prayed all through the one of my knee and when the time came for my neck, I had the courage to tell them I was refusing. (I am not one to "make waves") So I am waiting for another appointment at an open MRI and an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon. They seem to think that the cartilage in my knee is gone and the pain in my back and hip are from favoring my knee when I walk.

edit: The doctor's office just called and the results of the MRI was a meniscus tear. They still have no appt. for the orthopedic surgeon. I do, however, have an appt. for an open MRI of my neck on Thurs. Oct. 19th.

1 comments:

Andy and Amanda Wheeler said...

I'm sorry about your sister Dawn! ((hugs))

Your knee sounds painful. I'll be praying for you.

Any plans for the weekend?