CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 11, 2008

Freaky Friday???

What a day this has turned out to be! It started out great. Matt cleaned the bathroom before he even ate his breakfast. He had some cheerios for breakfast but soon decided he wanted to make an omelet. Need I remind you he is only 2 1/2? What 2 yr. old wants to make an omelet? Yes, we did make a cheese omelet We watched Little Bear and then he wanted to make a craft......his idea was to make an itsy, bitsy spider. I dragged out our craft supplies and he decided we should also make rain and sunshine. Alrighty then! It took a few minutes but we did decide on a plan. It worked out great but no, I never got a picture.

From there we watched a video and he wanted to sit on my lap. His allergies were acting up all week and his nose was running and he has been sneezing up a storm; sitting on my lap to watch a video was something he has wanted to do all week. Part way through the video, I realized he was asleep. I got up and carried him into the nursery and put him in the crib. This was where things got out of hand. He immediately jumped up and climbed right out of the crib. (something he has not done before which is why we still have the crib in there) We spent the next hour getting him calmed down and back in the crib for his nap. He was not about to sleep so I got him out, gave him some lunch, which he did not want (he had asked for Frito's and white dip. "I absolutely love Frito's, did I tell you that, Gramma?"

After a few attempts at getting him to sleep, I finally put him back in the crib and told him to stay there and rest if he was not going to sleep. This is when he shouted at me "Why are you making me spend my whole day in this bed?" What???? Talk about dramatic! From the first time I put him in the crib until he made that remark was maybe 2 hours.


Papa came home from work a few minutes early today and took Matt with him to the grocery store. The back seat in the car was down on one side and up on the other for his car seat. When he got in, he stood on the side that was down and said, "Oh, this is splendid".

After today, I will need tomorrow to recover!

2 comments:

sam said...

Sounds like fun! I love his vocabulary.

Dawn Mattice said...

Wow, when did Matt become such a drama king?! LOL

I love his antics....keep posting about him. :)