CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Whirlwind weekend

We had the opportunity of going to Canton on Fri. for Grandparents Day. The experience was bittersweet for me. I am so blessed that we were able to go and see the girls and share in Grandparent's Day with them but because we had to get up at 5:30am to leave by 6:30am, I was definitely not rested. Keep in mind, I am not nor will I ever be a morning person. I hate to get up and lately I am not doing too well with riding either. 3 hr. drive is a longer ride than I can tolerate well any more.

I found this picture of Josh with my father on Grandparent's Day when Josh was in 6th grade. I asked if we could get a picture of Lael with Papa. I am planning on putting the pictures together.

Not to be outdone, my little Fancy Nancy, aka Alyssa wanted a picture with Papa also and he was not about to say NO.








We had promised the girls they could pick out a place for us to eat lunch. They chose McCarthy's in Canton. Once we got home, both girls wanted to stitch their badges from the wildlife center on their respective back packs. We had a great time. They. especially Lael, loves sewing. Once the backpacks were done, Lael wanted to keep sewing. We had no material for her to use, so being the resourceful girl she is, she remembered a long skirt in the dress up closet which had the waist band ripped and it was torn down the side also. It was one huge fuchsia silk-like rectangle. She decided to make herself a little purse. She did this entirely on her own. I am so very impressed. Below are a couple of pictures of her with the new purse.








Alyssa was not quite as taken with sewing as Lael. Alyssa and I read Fancy Nancy a couple of times.

Didn't get to see all of our old friends from CFC but feel very blessed to see those who were there.

0 comments: