CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Stuff

I am very certain that is not really an ideal title for a post, likewise, I am not even certain that the abundance of thoughts overcrowding my head will come pouring out in a way that could even be construed as entertaining. Now, you must have known I was going to post whether or not I thought the content was post worthy.

The weather in Syracuse has been gorgeous. This is the 9th day in a row that temperatures have been in the high 70 - 80 range. My backyard neighbor's trees are filled with blossoms and his flowers are beginning to come up along the back fence between our properties. Not to be outdone, the small pathetic little garden adjacent to our front porch is starting to show some life,. My hostas have broken through the soil as well as some of the other plants we have there (if I knew what they were I would tell you, I love the way they look but have no idea what they are; something I transplanted from the back yard when we first moved here.) In case you have not realized it yet, my thumbs are not green!

Matt and I want to have a vegetable garden this year. In the past, we have had them but stopped when we had 3 bassets (one who was a digger) vying for backyard space. Now with "the girls" gone and Matt big enough to help me out there, this seems like a good time to put one in. I love fresh vegetables and would love to be able to walk out and pick some instead of waiting for my neighbor to share his overflow with me. Matt wants us to have a garden "like Little Bear has"
With the weather being as warm as it has been, Matt has been wanting to spend every waking moment outside. We really need to invest in some new outside toys. He still does play on the Little Tykes slide that we got from our neighbor last year but it is small despite the fact it said it is suitable for ages up to 5. We have the crocodile see saw but that does not work the best with only one child on it. I found a little sun umbrella for the table but that is not a lot of fun, unless we are having a snack or our lunch out there. Our back yard is totally fenced in which makes it a perfect play yard for Matt, the drawback is he has grown enough that he can open the gate so we are forced to keep it locked. He stands there shaking the gate and screaming, "let me outta here, I want
to go in the front yard"!



1 comments:

nymrsb said...

Gee Gramma. First you make him stay all day in his bed (Freaky Friday) and then keep him in the back yard. What's a boy to do?