CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Stretching out my Mother's Day

I had a very enjoyable Mother's Day weekend. Yep, the entire weekend! Susan took Friday off work and took Matt (Tyler and Aunt MerryBeth went too) to Medina for a "Day out with Thomas". This meant my weekend began in Fri. Uncle Roy and I went to breakfast at Cracker Barrel and then to the Christmas Tree Shop (I do love a bargain) and then to Big Lots. I was elated. I love to find bargains and my sweet William hates those places. He will take me but he stays in the car and there is no fun searching for a bargain alone.
Saturday, Wm. got the tub surround up finally after a lot of frustration from the not so square walls. Saturday night we took my MIL to Kirby's for dinner. They have the best BBQ ribs in town (OK, maybe the dinosaur BBQ is better but I rarely go there.
Sunday afternoon Matt came over to bring his card and gifts.
We did not even try to out for dinner on Mother's Day. Instead we went to Tassone's for the all you can eat crab legs on Monday night. (( found a gift certificate Matthew had given me for Grandparent's Day last year).
I was a little sad only having one of my children and one of my grandchildren with me for Mother's Day but Alyssa called and I talked to all the girls, yep, even Lauren :-) Jon and his family are at the shore in NC this week but I did hear from them too.
I loved being a mother but I really love being Gramma!

0 comments: