CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 04, 2008

musings

Wm. went to Canton this weekend to help Josh put privacy fence in the back yard. When we started thinking about going we were both going. Jackie and the girls had gone with her parents to a wedding on LI and I really did not see myself helping with the fence. My knee is in desperate need of another round of Euflexxa shots in it and my back has ached every day since I broke it 14 yr. ago, Riding is not easy for me although knowing my sweet grandchildren are waiting at the other end, does make the trip more bearable. The more I thought about them not being there, the more I thought staying home and accomplishing something was better than going and not seeing them but having to do my weekend chores on Sun. when we got home. I opted to stay home, and do something while Wm. went by himself to help Josh. Did I mention we were in the middle of putting in a new tub surround in our bathroom, our only bathroom? No? Well, we were. Last Sunday afternoon, I told my DH that the caulk around the tub was loose almost all the way around. He went in to scrape off the old caulk and then zap, the tub surround was gone. Now we never liked it in the first place and there were a couple of small cracks in it. Once it was gone we went to Home Depot and Lowe's looking for a replacement. Lowe's were special order and that would have added an additional 2 wk. to the project.
You have no idea how thankful I am to have my DH back home working on the bathroom tub surround. The fence went in without any hitches and he came home on Sat. night. Now he was gone 12 hours, which makes for a long day but he is home and I am so blessed. Not just because he is finishing up the bathroom and soon we will be able to take a shower again; but also because I just love having him here with me. There are only so many sponge baths a person is willing to take. :-)
Did I mention I got a bread machine and I have been making gluten free bread for Wm? Until today I have been using a mix from Wegman's but this is getting expensive. I think I mentioned before that gluten free pasta is $3.50 for 6 oz. Wegman's has 2 different bread machine mixes, one is $3.50 and the other is $6.00. (it also takes 1 egg and 5 egg whites to make this bread) .

0 comments: