CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Amazed

I never ceased to be amazed by this 2 yr. old. We read a lot everyday as well as go over our letters, numbers, signs, etc. Nothing too serious, he is, after all,only 27 mo. old. Today when we were looking at the numbers 1-10, he pointed to each number and then told me the number, then he showed me on his fingers how many that was. When we go through the alphabet, he tells me the letter and the sound it makes.
This afternoon, he was drawing at his easel. After about 4 pictures, he decided to use markers instead of crayons. I started to take the tops off the markers when he said, "Matt will do it, self, no help Gramma!". I said "what did you say?" so he signed NO HELP! The signing thing may have backfired, what do you think?
No, just kidding, I like that he knows 32 signs, I love that he is saying everything, now doing everything without my help, that means he is growing up way too fast for me.
I watched him today while he played in "his" room (he calls it that, not me) He was cooking with his kitchen, making a hamburger with lettuce and tomato, talking to himself about putting on his "ove glove" which is a little pot holder so he does not burn his hand on the stove.
Maybe I am just amazed at him because I see him everyday....the other grandchildren I do not. Whatever the reason, I would love to keep him little just a while longer but I am afraid he has other ideas. :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know why Matt's sucha whiz kid right?

His aunt of course! ;-)

Amanda Wheeler said...

He sounds like a smart little guy!

32 signs? thats crazy. I have a friend who taught her baby how to sign, its really neat!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like things are going well for you right now...great to hear!
I am working with 1 year old children now and I have to say that based on my small experience so far...Matt is one smart kid. :)

As for Jackie's comment.....she's obviously not speaking from her early college years....LOL...hope she sees that. ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow thanks Dawn... :-\