CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 14, 2006

Did I mention?......

:: Did I mention how much I love being a grandmother? I do, I love it. I miss the girls terribly but the trade off is spending every day with my sweet Matthew. I love how he cuddles and how he laughs when you even mention Grampa's name. I love to watch him try to do new things and how he giggles when he sees Grampa come in from work.

::When Susan took Matthew to the doctor for his cough and cold last week, they told her Matthew had a mouthful of teeth on top ready to come in. It looks like 4 but they have yet to break through.

::Just yesterday we had some firsts. I laid Matthew in the crib for a minute and when I came back he was sitting up in the middle of the crib with a huge smile on his face. Not sure who was more excited, Matty or Gramma. I had a bottle half full of water and I set it on the night stand and laid Matthew on my bed while I called Jackie.....he sat up, reached over and took the bottle and then laid back down and drank it. He had not taken any interest in taking his bottle on his own before this.

::He loves jello. I had made some and out of sheer desparation with him not wanting any baby food, I tried the jello. He finished the tablespoon I had put in his dish and wanted more. He wants nothing to do with jar baby food......if he can't feed himself, he wants nothing to do with it. Susan got him some veggies that look like cereal. He can't get enough. He likes his cheerios too.....but what kid doesn't. Zoe picks up any that fall around the high chair!

:: I have solidified plans for Easter dinner. Dinner will be here with Susan, Tom and Matthew and Uncle Roy. I would love to have the girls here too but that is not possible.

::Two more weeks and we will be coming north for the weekend. I am looking forward to spending time with the girls, Maxwell (the new addition to their family), friends and coming back to CFC for Sunday service. I am coming up to attend a Red Hat event in Potsdam. I do miss the Red Hat meetings and ladies. I had big plans of joining down here but the meetings are Wed. night and I just never went. I am so glad for this opportunity to fellowship with the Red Hat Society Divas; I hear they have added some new members since I left.

2 comments:

Dawn Mattice said...

We use Cheerios in the nursery at my church - and you're right, they all love their cheerios - it works on just about any kid we have in there!! :) Happy Easter!!

Darlene Sinclair said...

Hope we cross paths while you are here -- and I know you will enjoy the girls!