CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Ramblings

* Thought I would try the color personality quiz from Deb's blog. Here are my results:

Your color personality is: Green
"It sounds like the hue you most relate to is green -- the color most evocative of nature. Adjectives such as kind, gentle, and contemplative likely describe you. You enjoy being involved with your neighbors and coworkers, but you also require plenty of time to yourself to recharge.
You are social yet introverted, and modern but not trendy. Surround yourself with your signature color to create a restful, soothing environment. From sage to hunter, green can work well in virtually every room of your house. Use it generously to create a haven you'll love coming home to."


Well, while I think this is a pretty good description for the most part, I really do not think that it could be said that I enjoy being involved with the neighbors and coworkers. I have always thought of myself as homebody who keeps pretty much to herself. I do love green and different shades do create a soothing environment in quite a few rooms in our house.

*Not much for a "newsy" blog. (not that any of my blogs are newsy) Am excited to being spending next weekend in Canton. OK, we are staying with Betsy and Kenny in Norwood for the night. Our first stop will be Canton to see the two little princesses. We used to have a tradition where I had a box that my father made and filled it with "treasures". I loved making my trips to the Dollar Store for "treasures" to load in the box. I loved watching the girls go through the box to pick out the perfect "treasure". I see my treasure box every time I go downstairs to do some wash. I feel bad that it is just sitting on a shelf, kind of like a tradition has died. Oh, yes, I can still bring it upstairs and load it with treasures when they come and eventually, Matthew will be old enough to pick through it. All this is probably silly, after all it is only a box with dollar store treasures, but the smiles on the girls faces when they found the perfect "treasure" said it all.

* The weather has been so great this week. Matty and I take a walk in the morning, and then one after lunch and a short one just before Grampa gets home. Matthew loves outside and the bouncer, I mean he really loves it. I dragged it out on the front porch so he could jump and I could rake the front yard. He is trying very hard to crawl. He gets up on his hands and knees and then he start rocking. Almost, won't be long now.

* Morrigan (along with her parents) will be here for a week at the end of June. Looking forward to that as it seems like forever since we saw her.

* I almost forgot, I finished the Mitford series. I loved them. Now what? Any suggestions?



2 comments:

Dawn Mattice said...

The treasure box idea sounds neat! As for my meeting, nope, no clue yet. My assocaite principal has been out all week, so I haven't heard anything new. Thanks for asking. :)

my life on the mountain said...

Yes our girls love treasures from the Dollar Store. They always ask to go there no matter where we are going.I bet Matthew has grown. I saw a picture at Jackies but I will se him in June at Lael's party.