CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Happy Birthday to my sweet William

Happy Birthday to my sweet William. He is 60 yr. old today. Wow, I find that very hard to believe! Seems like just yesterday we were our kids age with little kids running around. While I absolutely love being a grandparent, 60 sounds old. Yes, I know that "you are only as old as you feel" (I feel 106, I can barely walk anymore) and "age is relative" (relative to what may I ask) But this is not about me. It is about my DH whom God has blessed me with 30+ yr. ago.

My sister, Susan's birthday was also today and for most of our married life we always shared Wm. and Susan's birthday. She died Christmas day 2002 of a brain aneurysm.

I have not been out shopping to even get a card (this is the first time in 30+ yr. that I did not get one and have it on the table when he got up) and because there is cell group tonight, I am planning to celebrate Wm. birthday on Saturday.

On another note, I never thought I would be actually be looking forward to surgery. I can barely walk anymore. I would just like to be able to walk with Matty or make it though the grocery store in one trip or even just be able to walk around the house without holding on to the walls and cringing with every step I take on my right foot. (just 8 more days)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your husband!! I am glad that your surgery is soon, it sounds like you are having a rough time of it right now. I will continue to pray that all goes well. :)