CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Tues. update

OK, I will try again. I typed out a post only to have it disappear when I hit publish.

During the night Sat. (about 2am) I woke up in excruciating pain. My knee pain was and still remains minimal. The real pain is in my shin bone and on the opposite side of my knee from the repair. By Mon, I was still unable to put any weight on my right leg and just getting to the bathroom has proved a big trial.

Monday afternoon, on my DH insistence, I called the doctor who assured me what I was feeling was to be expected. She told me that they shoot novocaine into the knee during surgery and then again when surgery is over. What I was feeling was just the novocaine wearing off. She also called in another pain prescription to be used in between the doses of the original pain med. It is helping some but the pain is still more than I had anticipated.

On a lighter note, I did manage to take a shower this morning. My DH will be making Thanksgiving dinner on Thurs for the two of us and Uncle Roy. Yes, he is definitely a keeper. He has decided to take the week off from work as his vacation.......we were planning on using it when Max is born.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering how you were doing since I received the prayer alert. I will pray that the pain diminishes quickly.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Andy and Amanda Wheeler said...

I'm sorry your still in pain!

How was your Thanksgiving?