CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 16, 2007

Still snowing.......

:: Yes, it is still snowing.....no, not as bad as Oswego and Mexico but Wm. has been snowblowing (for the first time this year, he likes to shovel but the snow is just too heavy) two or three times a day to keep up with it. They have closed the Thruway exit at 39, just a mile from our house this morning for some reason, I am not exactly sure why. To make matters worse, it is also blowing. Schools, churches and business have been closed for days.....(no not Susan's or Wm's places of employment) but even doctors offices are closing. Watching TV is very distracting because of the constant stream of closings running across the bottom of the screen.

:: Tomorrow is Elizabeth Regan's wedding and we were supposed to be coming up for it. I was excited as it was also a chance for me to see the girls, who I miss terribly. Anyway, Wm. said that if the weather does not improve we are not going. I can not blame him for not wanting to drive in this......I would NEVER do it. Driving in the snow never used to bother me....lately, driving at all in any weather is not my favorite.

:: I know we have no control over the weather. I dislike it. Not just because I am freezing, but I am very afraid of falling and breaking something. Most of the bones I have broken (and there are many) came from falling in this kind of weather. I would personally be content to just stay in my little house and hibernate until spring. Unrealistic you say, yes, I know there are times when we need to go out in this.

:: So until all this snow stops, I will be here praying spring comes soon. I just want to be warm again.

2 comments:

sam said...

It seems we are all ready for spring for one reason or another. I hope it lets up so you can make it up north. I know how much you miss the girls. (And the wedding would be nice to go to as well.)

Amanda Wheeler said...

It's still snowing?

My goodness! How many feet do you have?

We had a nor'easter here this Wed. - We only got 2 feet - small potatoes to ppl in upstate NY!

Hope you have a good weekend!