CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 05, 2007

more ramblings from an old fat grandmother

:: The weather has changed here for the worse, like everywhere else. Yes, it probably could be worse precipitation wise, but we have the corner on the blowing. I thought we were very cold until Will told me that it was -31 windchill in Canton. No, that is one thing I do not miss.

:: My sweet boy is doing better since his shots, swelling and fever have subsided. He has learned to open one of the gates.....so much for my idea of corralling him in the LR. He opens the gate, runs down the hall to the bathroom and wants to brush his teeth, even more often than before. Not much gets by him anymore. The first 3 times this morning I put his toothpaste on his brush but then I thought I would just wet it for him. Well, he immediately knew the difference and climbed up on the toilet to reach the shelf where I keep his toothpaste. So much for me trying to outsmart an 18 mo. old.

::This morning he wanted an egg for breakfast.....how did I know you ask when he has a limited vocabulary? He got out a frying pan, then opened the fridge and handed me an egg......was that clear enough for you? Yeah, me too! I thought I could give him an oatmeal bar and cheerios and give him an egg for lunch. Ha! He ate the oatmeal bar and the cheerios, drank his milk.....this just may work, I thought when he got out the frying pan and the egg and pushed me towards the stove. Yes, I gave in (hey, I am a grandmother, that is my job) So, he ate his second breakfast, brushed his teeth yet again, and is now napping. That was a plus, no tears at nap time.

:: Liz's wedding is the 17th. I just finished the tray with her invitation . Not sure I am happy with it. Also made a blanket for Matty (he has been carrying around Uncle Josh's afghan from when he was a baby, so I thought this would be easier for him to carry, not so bulky......you guessed it, he carries them both around. He wants to rock in the afternoon while we read and both the blanket and afghan are between he and I!


4 comments:

Dawn Mattice said...

I love how smart Matthew is! There aren't many kids out there who would grab a frying pan and an egg like that. :)

Dawn Mattice said...

Yeah, I thought that you were the other one that had looked at Pete's blog...but I wasn't sure if he was remembering names correctly...thanks for looking out for me. :)

Anonymous said...

I don't plan on shutting down my blog, just stopping my own cruising of many other blogs. I don't know how often I'll update, but there will be new stuff at least once a week, I'm sure. Plus, Lael's first basketball game is coming up and you know I can't resist some photos!

sam said...

Why, thank you. :)
I would like to eventually take some classes and get certified. Of course, I need money to take the classes so I guess I should work on that first. I think it would be a great business for Norm and I to (eventually) do together. I design and organize spaces, he build the shelves and other units for me. :)