CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

News from Matthew.com

:: Matthew had his 18 mo. check up this afternoon. He will be 18 mo. on Sun. He now weighs 28# 10 1/2 oz. and he is 34 1/2" tall. Giving my little Alyssa a run for her money. He also had to have 2 shots; that was traumatic, crocodile tears even! Doctor said she thought we could start potty training if we wanted to. I have known for a while now that he knows when he is wet as he tries to get me to change him (he pats his diaper and takes my hand to lead me down the hall to the nursery) However, he hides when he poops his pants, behind the rocking chair or behind the door to the armoire. Dr. also said once the infant Tylenol was gone, we should switch him to children's. (now he should get 2 droppers of the infant when needed)

:: Not really that cold here but all the snow we got in the last few days has blown around so that at times we could not see across the street. Wind seems to have died down and the sun is shining. However, there was an accident and a pole was down and our electricity went out. At first it was just for a few minutes and came back on just in time for the Backyardigans. Half way through the theme song, and Matty's dance, it went off again. He was very upset. Climbed up in the chair to get the remote and kept pushing the power button. He finally gave up and we read and played and watched the birds but every few minutes he would pick up the remote and try to turn it on again. I told him it was broken and everytime he tried to turn it on, he would shake his head and tell me "broke".

:: My intention for this afternoon was for me to make a roast, do some laundry and work on the other blanket for Lauren. So much for good intentions. The power is on now, the laundry started and the roast is in. I will work on the blanket when I finish here.

This is one of the blankets I am making for Lauren Jessa. It is 45" x 45" so it works well for nursing. I made Alyssa 2 when she was born but back then there was no pink. Anyway, I am happy with the way it came out and I love the little rosebuds. (so glad Jackie changed her mind about no pink)




2 comments:

brietta said...

They're beautiful!

sam said...

The blanket is beautiful. Are they easy to make? Maybe I can get step-by-step instructions. :)

Tom and Diane closed on their house yesterday. The weather was playing a factor on when they were actually going to leave NNY. I think it would be sometime tomorrow at the latest.

I still can't believe they've gone. All I can say is I am so glad I left first! We both knew it was going to happen at some point and neither one wanted to be left behind. I am having a hard enough time dealing with the fact she won't be there when we go back to visit, it would not have been pretty if I was still there. :)