CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

Well another year has slipped away. 2007 is here. We did manage to stay up until the "ball dropped", but by a little after midnight we were all scrambling to our beds.

Betsy and Kenny came down for the weekend. That was great. It was like old times. I got a haircut too. We had a chance to chat and catch up, something we used to do every week and since moving down here......well, there are trade offs. We went to Red Lobster on New Year's eve. It was very crowded. When we were being seated, they were telling people coming in that it would be at least a 1 1/2hr. wait. (and they were waiting) They went to church with us too. We went to just the morning service. A New Year's Eve service at Faith Chapel......well, it wasn't like CFC. They went bowling at 6pm and had a worship service at 9:30.

Today we had dinner here before the Ashley's left for home. Susan, Tom and Matty and Uncle Roy joined us. Weather here was fantastic today. In the 50's; not bad for upstate NY in Jan. We talked to Jon, Donna and Morrigan today and it was 68 in Raleigh! Hey, they expect that kind of weather there in Jan. I really am liking that the temps are in the 50's and there is green grass where we would normally have snow. I am not so naive to think this will last; but I am enjoying it while I can.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a great time with my parents, thanks for asking. There are photos on my Flickr of the girls riding 4wheelers. Came home Sunday, since my parents went to pick up my grandfather.

Oh and Kenny dropped off the outfit last night, thanks for sending it along.