CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 15, 2007

ice and sleet

:: We got some snow on Thurs. that turned to rain on Fri. By Saturday evening the rain had turned to sleet and ice. Driving was treacherous (NO, we did not go out) and there was 30 car pile up on 81 yesterday. Most of the schools in the area were closed today for MLK day but those that were not were closed because of the weather.

:: Susan has gone to NJ through work for a few days. Tom is the #1 care giver......he brought Matty over and picked him up (as he will for the next few days)

:: Uncle Roy is having surgery on January 23rd. I am asking that you would all put this on your prayer lists. (thanks)

:: Susan has graciously agreed to take Matty and fly with me to Raleigh in Feb. Wm. was planning to go but he used up his vacation when I had my surgery. We are only going for a long weekend. (thinking about Fri - Mon). Morrigan's birthday party is Feb. 24th and Max will be born on the 15th.
We have always gone down for Morrigan's birthday and she is looking forward to it. (Did I mention how much I hate to fly?)

3 comments:

sam said...

So glad to hear you will have a traveling companion(s). I do not mind flying too much but it is always better with someone else! February will be here before you know it.

Anonymous said...

Winter is here! I'm ready for spring personally. It snowed here a little bit yesterday, but it was mostly freezing rain, which made for very tricky driving!

Your trip sounds like fun! I really hate flying as well!

Amanda
(I can't post under my screen name for some reason)

Anonymous said...

my ultrasound is at 2. We'll let you know how things go. Hopefully we'll have a definite answer on the gender so the blankets can be something besides green!