CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 26, 2007

Home again, home again, jiggity jig

:: I'm home. Glad to be home but sorry to leave the warm weather behind. We left Raleigh in 60 degree weather and in our shirt sleeves to come home to even more snow than when we left.

:: The trip down was on time and uneventful. I can not say the same for the way home. The plane from Raleigh to DC was late leaving Raleigh because it was late arriving in Raleigh from Washington. Anyway, I asked if we would still be able to make our connection and my answer was "It won't be a problem". Then as we sat on the plane in DC waiting for a gate, some man said "Oh no, there goes our connecting flight to Syracuse." Yes, it was our flight too. Someone else remarked that "there are no more flights out of Washington to Syracuse that are not totally booked." Well, I know if I had been alone, I no doubt would have cried. Susan said "It will take a miracle" and I started praying. And, yes, we did get the last 2 seats on a plane that was leaving Washington at 5pm. What a blessing that was! So we had our miracle and a $10 voucher for food. (Unfortunately, we could not find a vendor who accepted vouchers but what is important was that we got a seat)


There were people on the plane that said they had been trying to get home from NC for 24 hr.

:: There was something about the flight down. I looked up from my seat as the last of the passengers were boarding and guess what? Jeff McGrath from Potsdam was on the same flights to Raleigh. I did get to chat a few minutes in PA while waiting for the flight to Raleigh.

:: As for Morrigan's birthday party, well I can not begin to tell you what it was like to be in room with 15 five year olds. Oh, did I mention the party was at Pump it Up? That is a place where the rooms have bouncy house, giant slide and another slide you had to go through a maze before you could slide. There was also soccer, basketball and air hockey. Once you had enough bouncing and yes, even 5 year olds eventually reach their limit, you went to another room for cake and opening of gifts.

:: We were not the only guests who stayed with Jon and Donna this weekend. It was definitely a full house, lots of laughs and I for one was overwhelmed. I know, it does not take much to get me overwhelmed, but with 6 extra house guests and Donna's family, who is now in Raleigh, there, what would you expect.

:: I would be amiss if I did not mention how well we ate all weekend. Donna's sister, Terry, from Syracuse, was down for 10 days and she was doing a lot of the cooking. We had fantastic meals and the freezer is loaded with leftovers for when everyone is gone. Jon usually cooks but this time all he did were breakfasts.


my sweet little Max




Susan and Jon (notice the wave) at the throne




part of Pump It Up!

3 comments:

Amanda Wheeler said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a great trip.

Pump it up looks like a lot of fun!

sam said...

We are in the midst of another storm here, but I can wait on spring a bit longer. We are hoping for a (real) snow day tomorrow.

So glad your travel was somewhat uneventful. It seems delays, and such, are almost to be expected. Especially when you travel in the winter months.

That Pump It Up place looks like a blast! One of my fondest memories is of my mom and I taking the kids to something similar. They were 1, 3, 5, and 6 and loved it. (So did I)

Glad you are back safe and sound. That new grandbaby is precious!

Anonymous said...

I found the outfit on the clearance page at walmart.com. I was shocked. Hopefully its as soft as it looks. Oh and I found these cute bathing suits in the right style that have little matching cover-up skirts on sale at jcpenny.com. I've been doing awesome!

And Max wasn't very thrilled with sitting in the tent. He would only stay there if I was standing in front of him. Once I walked away, he would follow right after me. I'm sure you could take his spot. ;)