CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Update

First, today was my appt. with the orthopedic surgeon as a follow up to the MRI I had 7/3/07. Well it showed the was a lot of arthritis there.....no surprise. It also showed that the meniscus was torn on both the right and left side of my knee......and yes, they did repair one side in November. Apparently, I have torn it again. They also have found that I have torn the ligament that goes from the knee to the thigh. Because of the extent of the damage, I am a candidate for knee replacement. Whoa! Hold on there! Not so fast! I need to get my head around that. Yes, I knew it was a possibility going into it but in the back of my head I thought they would not have to go that far. He gave me three options.

1) passive treatment: a shot of cortisone today, more physical therapy and another shot once they get clearance from BC/BS that will lubricate the joint. (the shot costs $2500).

2) was another arthroscopic surgery on my knee to repair the meniscus on both sides and the ligament. (excuse me, didn't we just try this option in Nov. with little success)

3) a total knee replacement.

OK, guess which was my choice. (that was difficult, eh?)

Today was our anniversary. Wm. went in early and worked 6 hr. and came home to take me to the doctor. Afterwards, we went to the Christmas Tree Store (and no I still have not used my gift card) From there we decided on Kirby's for dinner (actually, neither of us had eaten lunch so we went at 4pm for lunch/dinner) I opted for Kirby's as we both like it and while Wm. is a good sport and will go to Red Lobster, it is not his favorite.

I thought you might like to see the flowers Wm. sent me today. Daisies are my very favorite. BTW, our cards for each other were different on the outside but had the same sentiment on the inside. 33yr. will do that for you I guess, you even think alike (I thought they used to say you began to look like each other after a while)

edit: Susan and Matthew were just here to bring us an anniversary card and 2 gift certificates to Tassones........all you can eat crableg Monday night, here we come!

2 comments:

Dawn Mattice said...

Happy anniversary a little bit late! I will pray about your knee surgery (that was the option you chose?). My Pap had that done a while ago. Pretty flowers BTW. :)

Anonymous said...

Awww, daisies and roses--how beautiful!

Bummer about your knee. I wonder how you tore the meniscus so badly right after the surgery? No wonder you were in such pain! More prayer is definitely coming your way.

and happy belated anniversary!