CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 09, 2007

weekend update

The weekend found Wm. at church building. I took the opportunity to drag the boxes of old pictures up from the cellar, where they had been since moving in. If you remember in our house in Madrid, we had a wall in the office with our family tree in pictures. I had taken our pictures and copied them in black and white and then put them all in black frames and one wall in office was covered from floor to ceiling. Now, I hadn't even tried to put them up here as Wm. said I had entirely too many. Saturday, I sorted out all the pictures, paring down and what I ended up with was 1/2 of what I originally had. I do not have any pictures of the 2 youngest grandchildren other than digital and I am not happy with the grainy look I get on my printer. Now all I have to do is to hang them up.....Wm. is already counting the nail holes it will leave in the wall.
I mentioned before how we were trying to find out what was causing the rash on Matt. He looked pretty good on Fri. when he left here. It was still visible but not red like before. On Saturday afternoon Susan called to tell me she thought it was the sunblock. She had gotten a sunblock spray when the summer began. I used it for a while and then when he came back after vacation, I asked for lotion instead, I did not like the lack of control from the spray and having to spray it in my hands before rubbing it on his face. Anyway, she used the spray sunblock on him on Sat. and almost immediately, his rash got all red again.
When Wm. came home from working at the church on Saturday, he got cleaned up and we went to Kirby's. On Saturday and Sunday we usually only eat one meal in the late afternoon rather than lunch and dinner. So Kirby's was having their BBQ specials. I had the BBQ clambake. It was BBQ ribs, fried clams (the best I've ever had) baked potato, corn on the cob and watermelon. Then they also are running a contest to give away a huge stainless steel gas grill. Not that I would ever win, I have never won anything in my life. OK, that is not true.....when I belonged to the Red Hats, I used to win a lot of the drawings.
Looking forward to Thursday because it marks another year with my DH but also because I will find out the results of the MRI on my knee and the doctor's prognosis.
Really missing my little princesses and Max (no not the dog, Morrigan's brother; I am including Morrigan as one of my little princesses cause she is)
It is so hard not to watch them grow. Lael and Morrigan both lost a tooth!
Matt's birthday is the beginning of August and I will get to have 4 of the 6 together then. I really envy Terry being able to see them on their vacation.

0 comments: