CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Great Day

The weather was more to my liking today, not quite so hot.....Wm. and Uncle Roy were both freezing though.
We had a cookout this afternoon. Wm. mother, Uncle Roy, Tom, Susan and Matt (which by the way is now Matthew's name.....he corrected me when I called him Matty) Susan and Tom were going to camp to this weekend. Now they have decided to leave in the morning. I am very glad they were here as Wm. mother wanted to know if any of the grand kids would be here. We had a great time with lemon pepper and also BBQ chicken on the grill. I made salt potatoes and salad. For dessert I made strawberry shortcake.
For the past few weeks I have been concerned with a rash that Matty (oops I mean Matt) had. Susan insisted it was from strawberries. I was sure it was not......it seemed to be only around his mouth and on one side of his torso. Guess what! After eating strawberries, the rash was bright red again and it had been fading over the weekend.
I am blessed that I will have a few more days of "vacation" as she is not going back to work until Thurs. morning. I have my MRI on Tues. and Wm. needs to work 4 hr. on Tues. and 4 on Thurs. in order to get paid for the holiday. So going somewhere is out of the question. I have a few more crafty projects I want to work on the next few days.




Here are a few pix of my garden this year. Not bad for a woman with a brown thumb. I especially love the flowers on the hostas. Last year one had a small flower on it but nothing like this!
Trust you all had an excellent weekend.

1 comments:

Amanda Wheeler said...

I hope your MRI goes well!

Your flowers look great! I have a brown thumb myself.