CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

update

The garden in front is filling in nicely; guess the hot, humid weather is good for something. The vegetable garden is really growing too. Yesterday we were out there looking at it when Matt said "hmmmm, that's strange" What I asked. "Someone has planted a hill of cucumbers in my pumpkin patch, strange, very strange". How do you know they are cucumbers? I asked. "Oh gramma". he said, like I was the most stupid woman on the face of the earth, "see the hill of cucumbers over there in the other garden, next to the pepper plants, well they are cucumbers and this hill has the same plants growing in it......they are more cucumbers" "That is very strange".
Today we saw some birds using the new bird bath. We have a family of cardinals, blue jays and a ton of sparrows.


I got the last shot in the series this morning. Hopefully, I am good for another 9 mo. now.

"Gramma, come quick and look at this crazy dawg". She can be crazy alright.




Matt had another growth spurt. He has grown 2 1/2 inches..
Lastly, I finally got the window seat recovered. I had cranberry corduroy on it but it showed every dog hair. Last week I found this material which matched the couch at JoAnn's for $12 a yard, marked down to $6. When I got to the checkout, it rang up $3 a yard. Oh, I do love a bargain!

1 comments:

nymrsb said...

Your bargain window seat looks great. All your plants are growing nicely, too. They look so nicely manicured.