CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Random Thoughts

* Did I mention how much I love being a Grandmother?
And of course, mine are absolutely the most adorable and most intelligent grandchildren ever :-) Last night when Susan came to pick up Matthew, we were discussing the fact that we thought he was adorable but other people have stopped us in the mall, at church, etc. to tell us how beautiful he was. She called from Tassone's last night. Seems they went out to dinner with Stephanie, Michael and their 11 mo. old son, Anthony. Someone came up to Susan and told her that Matthew was so beautiful, he should be in commericals. See, he really is adorable. Maybe it's those cheeks.....that is the first thing people seem to comment on. OK, now I know what you are thinking, spoken like a grandmother. Last weekend when Josh and Jackie were here, Jackie said he had beautiful eyelashes.....in fact, she said they were so long they looked like he had fake eyelashes. I love spending the days with Matthew, watching him grow and learn new things daily. That said, I miss the girls terribly. I look forward to visits but the time we spend together is much too short.

* Our cozy little house was filled again on Sunday afternoon for dinner. This is a little awkward since we have no table......OK, we have a table but it is downstairs (no room up here) The plan in the beginning was to put the dining room furniture down in one end of the family room. There is counter in the kitchen with stools so right now that is where we have to eat, or on tray tables in the living room. On Thanksgiving we moved our table upstairs but that is too much work for Sunday dinners. I need a solution.

* The weather here has been beautiful. It is January and the temperature is 49. The weather report said rain for tomorrow but sun on Thur. and Fri. with a high of 55. I love it. Unfortunately, snow on Sun. and a high of 28. I shall enjoy the good weather while it is here.

* I have not taken the kissing ball down; I know what I said, but Matthew loves the lights. Besides, when I made it last year I did it with artificial greens. I still see wreaths up after Christmas, why not a kissing ball!






1 comments:

sam said...

We have been having unseasonably warm weather as well. Thankfully we still have snow on the ground though. It's not warm enough to think of spring and I figure if it's going to be winter we might as well have snow.

It sure sounds like you're enjoying your grandson. What a blessing for you all that you were able to move to be there for him.

I can't think of a solution for the dining room other than getting a different table. One similar to the Sinclairs, that can be reduced to a much smaller size when not in use is my idea. I'm guessing new dining room furniture was not quite what you were thinking. :)

I'm looking forward to pictures of your new place when you find the time to post them. Isn't this cyber-world wonderful? It's so nice to stay in touch with folks no matter where you are.