CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 02, 2006

wonderful weekend

I can not tell you how blessed I was by this weekend. Josh and Jackie were here with the girls for the weekend. Josh help Wm. insulate the attic. (thanks, dear) Now while Josh coming to help is father insulate was in and of itself a blessing, the real blessing came for me in having 3 of my 4 grandchildren together.

Saturday, we went to the mall while the guys worked. We had a great time shopping and having lunch. It was so enjoyable to spend the day with my daughter and daughter in law and my grandchildren. We did find some great bargins, ie, the girls cowboy boots! I am not sure who was more tired, the baby, the girls or gramma.

Sunday was wonderful.....Josh, Jackie and the girls as well as Susan and baby Matthew joined us at church. I was truly blessed. After church, we were planning dinner at home (not sure how much planning there was to this as I only went to the store after church) Because Josh and Jackie decided to leave for home Sunday afternoon, (because of the weather between Syr. and Watertown) I opted for sandwiches. (Lael said it was a buffet, and I guess it really was) Wm's parents and Uncle Roy also joined us, as did Susan's husband. Tom.

I had thought that the new house was small.....I have decided it is cozy. We had it filled but really not crowded. Today the decorations were taken down, actually the Christmas tree got knocked over yesterday. No, it was not that bad, it was a tabletop tree and I had it on the window seat. OK, I did leave the kissing ball up. Matthew loves the lights (me too) but if you saw his picture on Jackie's blogspot, who would not want to kiss those cheeks.

I am in awe of Lael. I think she is 4 going on 20. She was very mothering with Matthew and she helped me make dinner on Saturday night and then she cut vegetables and made a shrimp cocktail for the buffet. She did as much work as I did trying to pull something together in a hurry. I am sure you will think I am the typical proud grandmother, but she carries on a conversation like an adult.....not a 4 yr. old. My sweet little Alyssa was adorable as she tried to hold Matthew and helped feed him his bottle, he is almost a big as she is. I do miss them so since the move down here.

I was definitely motivated by Pastor Lee's message yesterday. I am making a plan for the new year and William shall hold me accountable. I need more of Him!

4 comments:

Dawn Mattice said...

As I was reading this today (and I hope you don't mind that I am) I was inspired to be better about not whining so much and felt that Jackie and Josh and the girls are blessed to have you. :)

sam said...

Hi Linda!
I've been wondering how you buys are and now I know. :) So glad to hear that you're settling in to your new home. We are as well although it's been easier on the kids and Norm than me. I'm finding it hard to connect with the kids being the ages they are. Anyway...
Good to "see" you again.
Sheri

Darlene Sinclair said...

~ Glad to hear that you had a great weekend with all your company!

~ Glad to hear that you are enjoying your new church situation!

~ Most definitely glad to see you spelled "definitely" correctly!!! It seems to be the most misspelled word in the blogging world!

Dawn Mattice said...

Your comment made me laugh and no, there was not too much information...I think it's great that you are able to help out your family in this way. :)