CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Whirlwind Weekend

* This has been a whilwind weekend for me. Saturday was a baby shower for Dana (Wm's neice). Susan and I went and took Matthew. He made a big hit with all there, especially when he took a little power nap in Hannah-Leah's new bassinet, which he just managed to fit in. The shower ended at 5pm and at 6pm we came home to pick up our husbands and we off to dinner at Tassones with the other side of the family. Matthew and Anthony were both very well behaved. Jason (my sister's son) was here from Burlington with his girlfriend. We had never met her before and had the opportunity to do that.

* Sunday was Anthony's first birthday. Stephanie and Michael had the party at Michael's parents' house. Now there was a party that was definitely over the top. There were 40 people there and it was catered. It was fun to see the little cousins interact with each other. Anthony was the oldest and Matthew was a day older than Aidan, and he outweighed him by quite a bit. Aidan however, had been bigger at birth. Funny! During the picture taking, Matthew kept putting his arm around the other two. Too cute!

*Today was a gorgeous day....record high of 54 and sunny. (It was so nice in fact that Matthew and I took a little walk. Just to the corner and back but when I tried to take him out of the stroller he screamed, so we kept walking.) I know that this will change as the week progresses. The cold and snow is moving in.....I knew it had to happen sometime but I have been perfectly happy with the mild temps and green grass. Reality check, Linda, you still live in NY and it is still January!

*I had hoped that we would be able to spend the weekend in the north country but the weather forecast does not look too favorable. In fact, at 6pm, they said the travel north this weekend would be bad.....YUCK.....I did so want to see my precious girls....I miss them so much.

*We have the opportunity to go to Raleigh for Morrigan's birthday. Donna called and she really wants us to be there....we have not missed one yet.....she said they would send us airplane tickets if we would come....PTL. Because of his job, we would have to go on Fri. night and come home on Monday......we'll see.

2 comments:

sam said...

I hope you are able to get up north soon and that the details for your trip to Raleigh work out. It sounds as if you certainly have been keeping busy.
I am a bit envious of your CFC-like church. Ours is quite different in many aspects. I miss the worship at CFC so much! But, it is His church so that's the most important, right?
I truly cannot think of a solution for your dining area other than getting a smaller, fold-up small, table. I even brainstormed a bit with Norm and we didn't come up with anything that didn't need to be bought or built. Good luck! :)
Have a blessed week!

Dawn Mattice said...

I hope that you are able to make it to the party and up to the North Country. I will be praying that weather and schedules work out for the best.