CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

much about nothing (edited)

* The weather is warming up considerably. We were able to walk yesterday afternoon and will go again today. I for one, can not wait for the snow banks to be gone. That said, I am not looking forward to the pond that I will have in my back yard.

* We are planning to go to Canton on March 30th for Grandparent's Day at CFA. Wm. has already asked for the day off and as long as there is no time sensitive mailings for Friday, we will be there.

* One day last week, I made a roast chicken for dinner. Now I really like it roasted and Wm. will eat it(he is not that fond of chicken unless we cook it on the grill) Anyway, Wm. went over there right after Matty went home. When his father picked him up, he asked Matty what Gramma had made for dinner because his hair smelled good. :-) I bought another chicken and will roast it for dinner tomorrow night and they will be coming over to share it with us.
I do miss not sharing dinners with Josh, Jackie and the girls like we used to. Lately, it has been dinner at Ponderosa. I am not complaining. I like Ponderosa and I love being with the girls (besides I don't have to cook)

* We went to see Wm.'s mom at the Home on Sunday afternoon and we took Matty with us. She was so pleased we came. I guess she has not had a lot of visitors of late. She was particularly pleased when Matty crawled up on her lap and shared his goldfish crackers with her. She said none of the other grandchildren except for Lael and Alyssa get that close to her. She sent us a thank you for coming and bringing Matty and reminding us that Lael and
Alyssa would sit on her lap and kiss her when they saw her despite the fact it is quite some time between visits. It made her happy. Me too! Aren't my grandchildren special?


*Matty is up from his nap now and is very ready for some lunch. He has been showing me things in his book and signing the things he knows the sign for. Sometimes I wondered if he was really paying attention. He is!



edit: First, thank you to all for your prayers for Cameron......he is coming home from the hospital today......Yes, that is definitely an answer to prayer!



Look at my poor sweet Matty. He slipped while tearing across the wood floor in his socks and hit the arm of his little recliner. (thankfully, he was at home when he did it)

Now something that has plagued me for a while. Why do people feel they need to be on their cell phones all the time. They text message in church during the sermon! (no not high school kids) There is a sign outside of the sanctuary that says turn off your cell phones but every Sunday at least one phone manages to go off. I am surprised to see that 9 out of every 10 people at the grocery store is walking around with the cell phone attached to their ear and talking the entire time they are shopping.
Don't even get me started on people talking while driving.......yes, I am a legalist and I was asking Wm. how they can blatantly break the law. He tells me that kind of law is a guideline. Guideline my foot!

0 comments: