CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 11, 2007

musings

Yesterday's rain gave way to light snow this morning and now the sun is shining. If the temps continue rising, as is predicted, we may be able to see green grass very soon. YEAH!

Got to go to the Christmas Tree Shop yesterday. I just love that store. I really did not spend that much time there but I looked around a little. I bought some bird food, which was the reason I went. Matty loves to watch the birds and squirrels come to eat, and I love to watch him watching them. He will start out being very quiet and tell me shh but before too long he is knocking on the window and scaring them away. We have a window seat under our big front window and we sit there a lot during the day.

Speaking of Matthew, we are learning to sign. I met a woman in the airport who had a son Matty's age and she told me that when he became frustrated when she did not know what he wanted, he would sign it. We have some things down pat. Thank you, you're welcome, eat, look, listen. He has a problem with Mommy, he uses his index finger on his chin instead of his thumb. Friday I signed cookie and then gave him one and told him to do it. He held up the cookie and said "cookie". OK, that works too! :-)

I have an update on Cameron. He took a few sips of apple juice through a straw on Thurs. He said he was hungry and ate some pudding on Fri. Then yesterday he did get out of bed and go to the bathroom. Please continue to pray for him. Thank you.

Jackie emailed us concerning Grandparents Day at CFA. Wm. is going to ask for the time off when he goes in on Mon. Lauren should be born by that time so it will be a double blessing to get to go. I think we will just be going up and back the same day. :-(
So much for having time to catch up with friends. Hey, I will take a day over no time at all. I can not believe how much I miss them. I think I find myself missing Lael and Alyssa more than Morrigan because I saw them all the time when we lived in Canton/Madrid area. With Morrigan, I knew I only got to see her a couple times a year and had resolved myself to that. Don't get me wrong, I love Morrigan just as much as the other girls, I just do not get to see her as often with them living in Raleigh.

Pastor Lee is doing a 4 part series on the Ultimate Superhero over the next few weeks. If you want to listen to it, go to www.faithchapelonline.org

edit: I had forgotten to mention (and I am not sure how that could have happened) but Wm. took me to Red Lobster after we went to the Christmas Tree Shop. YUM I love that place too.



1 comments:

Amanda Wheeler said...

You sound like you had a busy weekend! I LOVE the Christmas Tree shop. I rarely come out empty handed.

It is so cool that you are teaching Matty to sign. We have a couple in church that does that with their toddler. What a neat communication tool!