CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 14, 2007

124

I trust yesterday was all you hoped for in a Mother's Day. We went to church and then to Susan's. From there we went to get a sand box for the back yard.....we have a fenced in yard but with nothing out there, it did not hold Matty's attention for very long. Now we need to work on getting a swing set.
In the afternoon, we went to the Home to see Mom Card. Will's sister Karen was going to take her lunch but ended up being taken out by her son. The Home had a tea for the residents and their families but we went after the tea as it was my understanding that some of the other brothers were going to be there for the tea. No one was. I felt bad for her, she had her friends, but not her family. We got her some DVDs.....she loves movies but not with any bad language or violence, etc. We got her Second Hand Lions and Green Fried Tomatoes. She has netflix but still has a hard time finding "good" movies. Matty got her some bags of goldfish (1 cheddar and 1 pretzel). She was pleased, Matty shared his with her the last time we took him there and she liked them (really, I think she liked Matty sharing more than she liked the goldfish)
Susan and Matty got me a new dress....that was the last thing I expected as Susan paid for the ticket for me to go to NC to see Morrigan and Max in Feb.
Now with yesterday being Mother's Day and graduation at the colleges here, reservations for dinner were at a premium; so we opted not to go. The best part of that is that I am getting to go to Tassone's for dinner tonight. Monday night is all you can eat crab legs......Oh, I do love crab legs. Well, I love sea food! We really need to go ME. We have been saying that for a while but never have.
Well, I certainly missed being with the "girls". I think this the first Mother's Day since Lael was born that we have not been together. Don't say it.....I know moving down here was my choice. I still believe it was the right decision. We prayed about it a lot before we came and I feel it was what God wanted us to do. I admit, I did not take into consideration how much I would miss the girls. I miss Morrigan and Max too, but I never saw Morrigan more than twice a year anyway, so it is different than seeing the girls every day.
Did you see that adorable picture of Lauren on Jackie's blog? What a beautiful baby (who looks exactly like her oldest sister I might add) ! Actually, we were looking at pictures at Susan's yesterday and she has one on her TV of Lael and Alyssa when Alyssa was a baby, Lauren looks a whole lot like that. All this time I have been saying that Lael and Lauren looked alike and like their mother and Alyssa was the spitting image of Josh when he was little.
Wednesday is my MRI.....still find it amazing that there is only one open MRI in the city. And No, I would never consider sticking my head into a closed MRI!

0 comments: