CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Bob the Builder and creativity



I was very inspired by Amanda's creativity and because Matthew is very "into" Bob the Builder, I tried my hand at doing something creative. Bob is made of luan plywood which I drew and Wm. cut out for me. I did not put his typical tool belt on Bob as I wanted him to be a coat rack. The "tool belt" consists of 3 hooks for Matty to hang his jacket and hat on.

I used to have the baby changer under this shelf (which you can not see) here but Matty was always either standing up or rolling over, so it became much smarter for me put the changing pad on the futon and change him there. I bought a night light at Christmas Tree Shop which was a bulldozer, for only $1.99. It is the size of a small lamp but uses a night light bulb and sitting on the shelf above Bob, seems the perfect place for it.

This weekend I am going to try to turn one of the large bird houses I used to have in my kitchen in Madrid into a lamp. I got the lamp kit already but decided I needed a threaded rod. Now, if anyone is looking for birdhouses, I have 2 boxes still unpacked downstairs, yours for the taking. (Sue, you want some more for your collection, right?)

3 comments:

Amanda Wheeler said...

Wow! Your Bob is awesome! I love, love, love that it's a coat rack. How creative! :)

Anonymous said...

Lael's party will be on the 16th at our house. The family party will be at 11, her friends will be coming at either 2 or 3. You are welcome to stay when her friends get here. My thought was just that we can open gifts from family before her friends come. That way they have more time to play rather than watching her open boxes of clothes.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Josh got home just as I finished up my comment. If you have any questions give me a call. And I'll be emailing Suzie the details as well. We got all of her stuff for it today - this year its butterflies.

The two parties are because she wants to have a bunch of friends over as well as the family. I thought splitting up the day would give her time to focus on both. Whether or not you stay for the craziness of 6 (extra) six-year olds is your call. ;-) Oh and her graduation is on Friday the 15th. Its going to be a long weekend!