CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

129

The weather this weekend was beautiful. Not too hot, just perfect. Saturday night we got a thunderstorm with torrential rain. It didn't really last too long. Monday we went to the Home and took Wm.'s mother out to dinner. They had BBQ ribs for lunch and then they had an ice cream social in the afternoon, so all she really wanted to do was go to Wendy's for a salad. Not where we went but that we came and spent time with her and took her out.
We spent a lot of the weekend shopping for Lael's birthday. Susan went over the top as usual!

I did get my lamp made from the large birdhouse. I love it! And yes, I will get a picture up soon.

I had my follow up appt. at the ENT surgeon today. The good news is that cyst has not increased in size since the first MRI seven months ago. The bad news is that the swelling and pain in my neck are still there. She has no reason for the swelling or the pain but does not consider it a problem. (for her it probably isn't) I told her I could accept that it was not sinister but wanted an explanation of why it was swollen and painful. She had no answer and told me if I insisted they would do a biopsy of the cyst/growth but because of where it is, behind my jawbone near my ear, it would not be easy. Even if they did the biopsy, it would not resolve the swollen lymph node. So I guess it boils down to : I must be a hypochondriac! (I always thought my mother was so I guess it is official, I am my mother) My children are probably shaking their heads yes now.

I had Matty today until 2pm. When we went outside he counted the steps: one, two, tree, foe. Papa counts them every morning when he takes him for a walk before work. Wm.'s mom sent home a begonia with us yesterday and a little watering can and some tools she got for Mother's day, so Matty and I could plant it in the garden. We did and he just loved doing it. I am hoping he will be like Lael and learn to tell me the flowers from the weeds. She used to tell me "Gramma, you really need to do some deadheading on these flowers" (she had to tell me what deadheading was, though) He has a new word that he uses all the time now......it's "cool". Is that a riot or what?

I can not wait until the middle of June. Lael and Jackie's birthday is on the 14th, my birthday and Lael's graduation is on the 15th, and then Lael's party is the 16th, with Father's Day on the 17th. One busy weekend but I get to see the girls. At the risk of sounding like a broken record again, I miss them so much. We have been down here almost 2 yr. now and I am still not used to seeing them whenever we wanted to. I am excited with the gifts I got this year too. An Our Generation doll with some outfits.....Matty got her an outfit and Uncle Roy got her a beauty chair with a hair dryer and brush and curlers and a cape. She showed me all this when we were in Watertown last month. I was glad for the idea and ran with it!

2 comments:

nymrsb said...

Where's House when you need him? (He'd probably do a CT scan and maybe a lumbar puncture and definitely start you on some sort of antibiotic!) I'm glad the cyst is not growing but pain and swelling is a problem for you because you are the one dealing with it on a daily basis. Maybe a biopsy would be the best course?
What a great month coming up!

Anonymous said...

Any toys she gets will go to the toy room. If they don't get played with on a regular basis, they get moved to the closet first as a test and then to the basement.

And I love, love, love the dolls that you go her. We both know she will as well! They were just playing "Meaghan" the other day - doing each other's hair and brushing doll hair. She's going to enjoy having that little chair for sure!