CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Good news and bad news

The good news is I went to the ENT surgeon this morning. She looked at my MRI films and agreed with Dr. Nolan that where my neck is swollen and sore, is not the problem. The bad news, and this may not really be bad news at all, is that the films showed the cyst to be farther back on my jaw bone than the pain and swelling are. She has decided to do another MRI to compare to the first.
As for my ear ache and sinus pressure and pain on the left side, she gave me some Nasonex spray. Wow, amazing stuff, my sinuses opened right up.

I did not have Matty today, his other Grandma does. Good thing too as we once thought of taking him along. My appt. was for 11:30 which was right during Matty's nap. This was why we had second thoughts. Anyway, I never got in to see the doctor until after 1 and didn't get out until 1:30. They told us to come early so we got there at 11am. Believe me, I was not a happy camper. I told Wm. that our time was just as valuable as theirs but it didn't change anything. We still sat, and sat and sat and sat..............

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've used Nasonex in the past and it works wonders. Glad you have some relief. When is the next check-up on the cyst?

I wondered, after having two bat encounters last summer, if we have bats living in the attic. Is that what Jackie next door used the bat guys for or was it just to get a bat out of the house?

And we do have two air conditioners, plus the two duel exhaust window fans you gave us, but they never fit perfectly. Josh thinks the little cracks in between the fans/air conditioners and the window frame is where the bats came in. I told him this year I am taping all around each fan we put in. No holes. He still thinks I'm nuts.

Anonymous said...

Oh and I forgot - Max. He decided that a glass bottle looked like something fun to play with. We were afraid he'd swallowed some of the glass but after a few days of close observation - he's fine. We were all very relieved.

Amanda Wheeler said...

Glad to hear the good report. Sorry you had to wait SO long. I don't think i could have done it. I'm not the most patient of people, esp. in those circumstances.