CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Love it........dislike it

I Love:
my grandchildren, all six of them are so special yet have such different personalities
a bargain; (no doubt why I love the Christmas Tree Shop) Yesterday Susan, Matty and I went to the Salvation Army Thrift Store just a few minutes of our house. We were looking for toys for Matty to play outside with, in good condition, that would not cost an arm and a leg. Eureka, everything was 1/2 off there yesterday. Susan got a Little Tike's tricycle, a Little Tike's dump truck, two small Fisher Price trucks, a Little Tike's wrench, and a Fisher Price truck that is pulling a wagon. Oh, yeah, and a pair of OshKosh overalls in excellent condition (he now wears the same size as Anthony who used to give him hand me downs) How much for all this treasure, you are asking yourself???? Under $10. My neighbor Ann has a grandson who is now almost 5. She sold me a Little Tikes table with three attached benches for $5. Last year Susan got a Little Tikes slide from her for $5. Both in excellent condition. You gotta love that.
the harness we now have for Matty. I know you are thinking, how can she put a harness on that child like he was some dog. I can because I am concerned he will run into the road and I would rather be safe than sorry. He really doesn't mind it. In fact, I asked him on Fri. if he wanted to go for a walk (I meant in the stroller) and he brought me the harness. The neighbors have stopped me to tell me how smart that was to use the harness.
that Matty is more vocal now. He says, or at least tries to say everything. If he knows the sign for it, he signs it and says it. (please, thank you, water, etc)
how much he loves his grandfather, all the kids seem to love Wm. and when we were at CFC most of the kids there did too. It makes me happy to see how much he wants to do what Papa does, and how he is happy just to be with him. I love that he sings his Papa song whenever he is at home. (this is just singing Papa, papa, papa)

I dislike:
grocery shopping despite the fact that we have some pretty elaborate grocery stores nearby.
spray sunscreen, you really don't have the control you do with the lotion and I don't feel safe spraying it around Matty's face.
that my knee hurts as much as it did before the surgery.
that the swelling in my neck is not where the cyst is.
that I feel bad more days than I feel good.
smell of cleaning products: as I cleaned the bathroom this afternoon, I realized how much I really dislike the smell of the cleaning products. The toilet bowl cleaner from scrubbing bubbles does a good job on the toilet but it literally makes me nauseous. Likewise, the cleaner for the sink and bathtub.



1 comments:

Amanda Wheeler said...

Hey Linda-

I'm sorry your knee is bothering you again. If it's not one thing its another!

I think we are going out for dinner and then to a movie. I asked for some hanging plants for the porch this year too :) We'll see!