CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 17, 2007

126

I had my MRI yesterday. The only open MRI is across the city in East Syracuse. We took the thruway across, as 690 is bogged down with construction. We were half way there when Wm. asked me if I had picked up the requisition for the MRI.....and of course, I hadn't. We had to turn around and go back. Before we could go there, however, we had to go to the ENT office to pick up the old MRI films to compare the new one with (if you remember, we had to go get these films and take them to the ENT last week)
I was taken in and had removed anything metal, ie, earrings, etc. Part way through the first one the tech stopped it and asked if I had removed all metal. I reassured him and he started again......he stopped again part way through and asked me again. I reassured him I had but then remembered I have a metal post in my front tooth. That was causing the interference, but there was nothing they could do about it. Once they finished they talked to my doctor who decided it would be a good idea to do two more sets with contrast injection. The tech had a horrid time finding a "good vein" and had to go find reinforcements to poke and prod the other arm for one.
I did not have Matty yesterday and after the MRI, we went to Carousel Mall so I could get something for Jon Christian's birthday (May 28th). I had looked in Steve and Barry's with Josh and Jackie when we went to Watertown and saw a few shirts I wanted to get Jon. I am not big on going to the malls anymore but I did have an enjoyable time with Wm. We ate lunch , after 3pm, at Johnny Rocket's, a 50's style diner.....it was fun and the burgers were good and the fries (American, of course)(we shared one order) were fabulous.
We ended up having to buy a new VCR/DVD combo yesterday. We had a DVD that still works great.....unfortunately our VCR died on Mon and they no longer sell them anymore unless you buy the combo. We were in the middle of watching an Elmo tape on Mon. when it died and poor Matty was devastated. I first thought it was the tape. Our children's VHS tapes have been watched many times since Lael and Alyssa were little. I tried another and another and finally decided it was the VCR. Bummer! We have been trying not to make big purchases but this is a "work expense" :-)
I made a strawberry pie while Matty took his nap on Tues. I put it in the fridge before he woke up and we just went outside to the sandbox. When I finally got him to come in for a snack (a compromise to stopping for lunch) he opened the refrigerator, saw the pie and before I could stop him, he stuck his hand in and took out a handful of berries and glaze. He turned around with a red glazed smile to announce "MMMMMM". I was not a happy camper but I could not help but laugh. After all, I had told him to find something he liked for a snack hadn't I?

1 comments:

sam said...

So glad you are done with the MRI. I will be praying about the results.

Too funny about the strawberry pie. To be honest, I probably would have been tempted to do the same thing! Yum!