CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 07, 2008

contradictions????

Lately we have been purchasing more at Aldi's than we ever did before. Eggs have been on managers special at our "neighborhood" Aldi's for the past few weeks. I use quite a few eggs in cooking and baking so I have been purchasing 2 dozen when I shop there. I found it refreshing that on the inside of the cover it said "This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it". On the outside of the carton was a recipe for deviled eggs. Hmmmm
This week when I picked up the carton, there was recipe for Heavenly scrambled eggs. Maybe I was not the only one to have thought the other recipe strange. Or maybe it was just time for a change. Who knows.


Today we met Del and Nancy French at the Airport Inn. Will took them into the airport with their van and Matt and I drove the Explorer home. All the way home, Matt cried, "I don't want you to drive". "You don't know how to drive Gramma" "Papa should be driving this car, why do you keep doing this"??? He cried all the way from the airport to the exit at Jones Rd. When I drove into the driveway, he calmly asked "If you had to drive why didn't you take me somewhere instead of just coming home? I am beginning to think there is no winning with him.

We have had some nice sized red tomatoes from our garden. The green bean are coming and the cucumbers are flowering. The pumpkins, they are amazing. Bursting with yellow flowers and at the last check, we have 3 pumpkins, I am sure we will get more. I was planning to take some more pictures of the pumpkin patch but it has rained most of the time since we got back from the airport. My neighbor John gave me some cucumbers on Mon. from his garden. He has one cucumber plant and it giving him more cucumbers than they can eat on a daily basis. He planted cherry tomatoes which are doing nothing yet. Neither are his bell pepper plants or mine for that matter. The neighbor next door to John, whose pepper
plants are probably 5 ft. away from John's, are flourishing. The peppers are huge. Maybe they used Jackie's secret :-)

1 comments:

nymrsb said...

Matt is a hoot! Good thing you aren't far from the airport.
I have two tomatoes so far that are about the size of a golf ball, and a bell pepper about the same. There are lots of blossoms still, so I hope there is more of a yield. Your garden is a lot more prolific, that's for sure.