CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

making progress

Well, I started my vacation yesterday. My plan was to get things done that I never seem to have time to work on when Matt is here. So, yesterday I did some touch up painting I had been wanting to get to for a while now. Today, I tackled some sewing projects that needed to be done. I got most of what I wanted to work on, finished. I did want to make some cookies but I had not gone to the grocery this weekend so I had no chocolate chips. When my DH came home tonight, we went to the store so I can work on the cookies. Tomorrow, you say? No not tomorrow. My friend from Canton is coming down to spend the day with me. Woohoo! She came down a year ago and we went to the Christmas Tree Store. She is into bargain hunting as much as I am. We are planning to make a day of it and go to lunch, and maybe to the new "Ollie's Bargain Outlet" that recently opened on the blvd. (Their slogan is good stuff.......real cheap". We will see. :-

On Thursday, Uncle Roy and I are planning to make a day of it as well. Susan's birthday is the 31st so we need to find something for her. I have not been one to shop till I drop, any more. Funny, when I lived in the north country where you had to drive just to go shopping, I was always up for it. Here, we have many choices (maybe too many) and while I like to go bargain shopping, but mall shopping does nothing for me. After they had a guy commit suicide in the mall last night at 6pm, I am not sure I will want to go again!

So the way I see it, I can enjoy myself with my friend tomorrow and then with Uncle Roy on Thursday, and still have 3 days to get the things I wanted to work on completed.

All that said, I do miss Matt. Poor Ali is beside herself. She is walking around the house like a little lost dog (pun intended)

1 comments:

sam said...

Ollie's sounds interesting. That's terrible about the suicide. Enjoy the rest of your week, your plans sound fun!