CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

It's over

My vacation is officially over and there will be no more sleeping in . Gone are the days when I could do what I wanted, when I wanted to do it. Now I have resigned myself to doing things in Matthew's time frames. No more grown up conversations without hearing "why" to every remark I make. No more checking the emails or taking a peek to see who has changed their blog since the last time I looked. No more lunches in a restaurant or shopping for bargains. (at least not during the week) From now on my days are more structured and as nice as it was to be on vacation and have time for myself, I wouldn't want it any other way than this. I really did miss Matt last week and my sweet Wm. was kind enough to take me over to see him when he got home on 2 occasions. Last week I had to bake cookies on my own with no one to lick the beaters.
Sunday is Susan's birthday and Matt wants to bake her a cake. He really is quite the chef you know. We do cook quite a bit but his favorites are sweets (cakes, pies and cookies, oh my) Uncle Roy's 84th birthday is 9/3 but we will be celebrating it this weekend as well. Matt has already told Uncle Roy when he came over this morning, that he would be making him a special birthday cake. He told Uncle Roy that his would be a carrot cake and his mother's cake would be chocolate with chocolate frosting. Then he decided that as long as we were making cakes, we should make an orange cake for him with orange frosting with sprinkles. After all, we were making cakes anyway and his favorite color and flavor is orange and no one made him an orange cake on his birthday and.......................


I didn't get all I was hoping to accomplished on my vacation but I did make a big dent in what I had on my list. I also had a great time with my friend (speaking of friends, Betsy is coming to Syracuse this weekend to close her sister's pool so we will be seeing them ) a good time with Uncle Roy last Thurs. and again on Saturday when went to the mall in Auburn.. Wm. dropped us off at the mall so we could shop and he went to the Home to see his mom. She is planning to go back to Jim and Linda's to live. They are in NC this week on vacation but will be back soon. I feel bad that she can not seem to be satisfied any place. When we were there a week ago, I really thought she was liking the Home, and then I hear she is moving back in with Wm.'s brother and SIL.. Uncle Roy and I got some excellent bargains at Sears on Saturday. I had a coupon for $15 off on $75 on shoes and apparel. We had no problem with finding $75 worth of stuff but the cashier said what I got did not qualify for the coupon as some was on sale. The coupon stated sale or regular merchandise qualified so I asked her to show me where it said my purchases did not qualify on the coupon. She got all flustered and then ended up taking the coupon off. I could not understand why things were not going that well for me there but chalked it up to Sears. From there we went to JoAnn Fabrics where scrapbooking paper was on sale. I brought my purchases to the counter and the cashier told me not all my purchases qualified for the sale price........ what the????? I kept my cool and said "OK, but you had better change your sign where I got the scrapbook paper as it said any paper from $.29 - $.99 included in the sale". Yes, she did give it to me for the sale price and yes, I probably would have paid the original price if it came right down to it. Yes, I know in the big scheme of things saving $15 with a coupon or getting a $.99 piece of scrapbook paper for $.16 doesn't amount to anything. But it is the principle; why claim things to lure people in to a sale if you are not going to honor it. OK, I am getting off my soap box now.

And this is a three day weekend.......woohoo!!!!! Matt and I drained his pool and then let the air out. We put bleach in the pool and scrubbed it, inside and out. "Gramma, are we doing this because it is getting cooler out now?" "Yep, fall is on the way, my boy" ! "And then it will be winter, right Gramma" ????? .................. Let's not
think that far ahead OK?


2 comments:

Jackie | One Redeemed Mom said...

yes, the plan right now is to sand the floors this weekend. We decided it would be worth the small $$ investment to see if these floors could be salvaged before we just spent the big bucks on all new hardwood. Lael and I will be cleaning the garage also and organizing what's left in there that Josh needs. The girls will be thrilled because we're going to put the dining room table on the patio for the weekend! Hopefully it doesn't rain!

nymrsb said...

Good for you, sticking up for yourself! The cents do add up.
Enjoy all that baking...