CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Lessons I learned from a 3 year old

This week was a short one so I thought we would do some different things. Tuesday we painted a lot of the day. He loves to paint and does a great job. "I am blending colors because you think it looks good Gramma, but I like my colors to be separate". Alrighty then! Yesterday we decided it was time to take down the crib. He was not using it anyway and it was just taking up space in his room. (Maybe a big empty space would be just the incentive we need to finish his bed, or maybe not) So we got in his room, took out the mattress and moved the bed to the middle of the room. "Gramma, I do not think this is a good idea for you try to do this; we better wait for Papa, he will know what to do". I should have listened, I tried to get the crib apart but to no avail. ("Gramma, you really should be wearing a hard hat when you do this kind of work" and yes, he did have his on) We gave up and went out on the porch just as Uncle Roy came to visit. "Oh, Uncle Roy, Gramma actually tried to take apart the crib when I told her she should wait for Papa, and she couldn't do it. I told her, but she wouldn't listen!" You will all be happy to know that the crib is down. Papa and Matt dismantled it at 5pm, yesterday.

Today after taking the crib to the cellar, and checking the garden so Matt could collect the veggies that were ready as well as turn the pumpkins (so they stay nice and round, Gramma) I suggested we give Ali a bath. I thought he would jump right on this idea.. First came the questions: Matt:"Are you giving her a bath in the tub"?

Me: "No, I thought outside would be a good idea, then I won't have to lift her into the tub."

Matt: "This is not wisdom, Gramma, I think you better wait for Papa" . (I am in the habit of saying this is not wisdom all the time to him, must be a little too much, eh)

Me: "No, Matt, I know we can do it, especially if you help me"

Matt: "For crying out the window, Gramma, I am just a little boy. (If you think I probably say for crying out the window all the time too, you would be right)

Well, it was a trial, Matt had a hard time holding Ali when I tried to spray her with the hose, he stepped in dog poop and had a meltdown. I had to stop with the dog wet and soapy to clean up Matt's crocs. Now we are talking vinyl crocs here folks, I had to wipe the dog poop off them, wipe them with disinfecting wipes, wash them in hot water and soap, spray Lysol on them and then put them in the sun to dry before we could finish Alice's bath. (Matt was giving me instructions on how to clean them)

I am thinking I should have listened to Matt's advice in the first place and saved myself a lot of work. I am learning that he is very intelligent for a 3 year old.

Tomorrow we are going out to lunch and to to Ollie's with Uncle Roy. Matt has some money and he wants to "buy" something for himself. When Uncle Roy left on Wednesday, Matt said "That Uncle Roy is a really great guy isn't he Gramma"? "He sure is Matty, he sure is"!

1 comments:

nymrsb said...

"for crying out the window" is a new one for me. You certainly had an adventurous week!