CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 01, 2008

unexpected little blessings

This weekend was one of quite a few unexpected little blessings.

Betsy and Kenny came down on Friday evening to close up Carol's pool on Saturday. Betsy told me that she would attempt damage control on my hair from when I went to Supercuts earlier this summer. Once she looked at it she told me she would do what she could but that it was going to take at least 2 more cuts before it would blend in like I wanted it to. (let me say right now, it was not so bad a cut that people would be pointing at me on the street and snickering, it was just not the way I wanted it and it did look exactly like the hairdresser's, hmmmm) I was disappointed but what could I do, nothing but let it grow out! Betsy told me to try to curl it towards my face (same thing the other hairdresser had told me). I tried it but it was just "not me". Anyway, to make a long story short, I colored my hair and when I was blow drying it, it blew away from my face and blended in perfectly. (blessing #1)

Saturday afternoon we went to get water at BJ's with Uncle Roy. I asked if we could look at Sears and see if they had any vacuum cleaners on sale that we could afford as our little one died last week. Matt and I tried to fix it but to no avail. We had gotten it at Aldi's for under $20 when we lived in Canton and had 3 bassets (which equals a lot of shedding) so this little lightweight (easier on my back) had served us well. I found a Eureka for 1/2 price so it was only $49 and has great suction. (blessing #2)

Sunday afternoon we took Uncle Roy and met Betsy, Kenny and Carol for lunch at Cracker Barrel (Uncle Roy's favorite and we were celebrating his birthday yesterday) We stopped at Wegman's to get some non dairy ice cream for Uncle Roy to have with his birthday carrot cake and found they had carrot cake ice cream (blessing #3) Ok, you may not think of it as a blessing but I am sure it was for Uncle Roy who was expecting vanilla tofutti.

Susan, Tom and Matthew came over to celebrate Susan's and Uncle Roy's birthday. Now if you will remember last week I mentioned that we got some clothes for Susan's birthday and that is where blessing #4 comes in. Well, this is not so much for Uncle and me as for Susan but in the last week, she has lost yet another size.(blessing #4) Yes, we do need to take back her clothes and get a size smaller but you have to admit, that is a good thing!

So, all in all, we had an excellent weekend shared with our family and friends and we still have today left to finish up some of the little projects we have been working on. No, not the bed, (I know, Matt will be in high school before we finish it)

Thank you Lord for all the unexpected little blessing you give us and we take for granted
.

edit: I almost neglected to mention one of nicest of my unexpected blessings: I asked my DH to please move the furniture in the LR so we could clean behind them before everyone came for the party. He not only moved the LR furniture and cleaned behind it, he also mopped the LR, hall and kitchen floors.......an added bonus, especially with my back. *blessing #5

0 comments: