CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

on my mind...........

Allergy season has hit us full force. I can function with Nasonex but my poor Matthew is having a hard time. He has been taking Benadryl on the days his allergies act up on the dr. recommendation. It no longer seems to touch his symptoms. This morning he was sneezing non stop so I gave him his medication. Being a typical 3 yr. old he hates to have to blow his nose. He will wipe it but that will not alleviate the problem. I was getting his clothes out of the dryer from where the majority of his Benadryl ended up when he called me to tell me he felt awful. By the time I got from the dryer to the LR, he was throwing up gobs of phlegm.; all over himself, his blankie, the floor, the chair and me. So for the second time in an hour, I was washing his clothes (not to mention mine) as well as cleaning up the LR. From there, our day seemed to go down hill quickly. I feel so bad for him and at the same time, there is absolutely nothing I can do. He needs to blow his nose and refuses. On the up side, he has an appt. with the pediatrician on Thurs.


My wild little garden is bountiful of late. Every morning we go out and pick what is ready and Matt turns the pumpkins, which are now bright orange., to keep them well rounded. In the last few days all the tomato plants have become so heavy they are all tipping over the cages. Our cucumbers are finally coming and even the pepper plants have peppers on them. (not just the hot banana peppers) I am so very grateful for fresh vegetables every day. PTL
We did manage to get the cornices up in Matt's room (OK, Will got them up, I just held them while he screwed them in place) I was pleased to finally get the curtains up. I was not that happy once I hung them up and saw how wrinkled they were are. I do love the way the cornices turned out. I painted them to look like road block signs and I put plugs over the screws and painted them silver to look like bolts.

So now I need to take down the curtains down and iron them again.......I made the curtains back when Matt was still in diapers and the borders on the curtains matched the diaper holder. Now if I could just get the bed finished and put in the room, I would be one happy camper (Matt too)

We have been working on video games (included in the video story readers) for hand/eye coordination as well as learning the alphabet (he knows it and can count to 30 but this not only reinforces this but helps him recognize the numbers and letters on sight) I got the player and the story books at Ollies.

Not feeling well has not stopped him from keeping me in stitches as usual. Today, he came out of the bathroom and told me he had to turn on the fan because he tooted up the bathroom. Uncle Roy asked him if his legs were dry and Matt said no, it is hair on my legs Uncle Roy.......I am just a hairy guy. Where does he get this stuff???

1 comments:

sam said...

The cornices look great! Ugh! Allergies...I don't suffer but Kara does and I know it is not fun. Hope he's feeling better soon.