CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Wonderful Day

:: Despite the few snowflakes still floating around today, this was a wonderful day. It was cold but the sun shone brightly. First, it marked the resurrection of our Lord. Church went very well and was packed full. Lots of visitors. Uncle Roy went with us. The service this morning was different from what I am used to. Not our typical Sunday service but still very good.

Saw Eric and Jen in church this morning.....she is looking noticeably pregnant.
What a blessing they are. They are the leaders of the college ministry at OCC.

:: I really enjoyed dinner with Uncle Roy, Susan, Tom and Matty. Wm. brought the DR table upstairs and because we had the leaves in, we put it in the LR. I had forgotten how much I love that table, and we decided to try it in the kitchen, without the leave, for a while. It is a tight fit but I think we can manage it. If not, it will have to go back downstairs again.

:: I made a carrot cake and sugar cookies both decorated to look like Easter eggs. I made the cake in an oval casserole dish so it would look egg shaped.
The cookies we decorated in teal, pink and lilac color frosting (cut in an egg shape too) They were big hits, especially with Matty who decided to forgo dinner and just eat desserts. He pushed dinner around his plate without eating before he asked for a cookie, that finished, he wanted a piece of cake. (he ended up eating 2) Yes, he probably should have eaten a regular meal before I let him have dessert, but hey, Gramma's get to do things mommies and daddies would not.

Can you even believe that Matty looks this big? I know he is not a baby any more but does he have to look this big?
I told you he loved the carrot cake!
Can't tell you how much I missed the rest of my grandchildren. Lael, Alyssa and Lauren Jessa were at home with their parents and Nana, Papa and Great Grandpa. Morrigan was in Disney World and Max was at home with Jon and Donna. Thank you for praying for Donna, she did not have any surgery as the surgeon said there was no longer any reason to do it, PTL.

2 comments:

sam said...

We went back to the church we visited last week and were part of a wonderful Resurrection Day service. (I'll have to e-mail you and tell you all about it, it would be way too long a comment.)

We went to a neighbors for dinner. It was very nice and I didn't have too cook a thing. My contribution was bottled water! (Did I get off easy, or what?!)

Matty is getting big but, of course, we are fast approaching two years in our respective new homes so it makes sense. Time flies!

Anonymous said...

Easter was great, photos are coming. My mom has more than I do, so I have to wait for her to get home and email them.

Was surprised to not hear from you yesterday, but I'm sure you were busy with dinner prep. Sounds like you had a lovely day!