CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 04, 2007

132

This weekend was wonderful. We went out to lunch on Sat (more like an early dinner) to Kirby's. I like Kirby's......we just learned on Sat. that it was the old Mr. Steak franchise that became the Kirby's chain. Anyway the food is excellent and it is close by, right on the way to Wegman's.


Sunday was the Neighbor-fest at church. It celebrated not only the 18th anniversary of the church but also the groundbreaking for the renovation of the building. We found out yesterday that our church building was actually built on the word. When they poured the foundation, they had people bring in old Bibles that they put in the foundation and continued with more concrete. After the sub floor was on, everyone in the church wrote Bible verses on the floor before the carpet went in. Yesterday, they asked people to find a rock and put either their name or a bible verse on it and then they built an altar with them in a hole they had dug where the middle of the foyer will later become. So the altar will become part of the foundation of the renovation like the Bibles did. I think this is as Matt would say "cool".

There were a lot of people at church. Many visitors. It was nice to have the service outside under a tent but it was hot, very hot. There were games, tons of food, worship music, and let us not forget the bounce house. The 23 people of the school of ministry at Faith Chapel planned it all and were in charge.


Betsy stopped by on her way home from Rochester where she stayed with her grandchildren while her daughter and son in law went to the Homeschooling convention in Syracuse. What a treat.....I not only got to see my friend who I miss more than I thought I would, but I also got a haircut.

She cut Matty's hair too. It looks fantastic but it took three adults to hold him down so she could cut it. I am so thankful she was persistent. He looks so cute and not like a little waif any longer. He jerked and she ended up with the scissors jabbing her between her fingers. Didn't really seem to phase her but it definitely looked painful to me.

1 comments:

Amanda Wheeler said...

My step-mom used to work at Mr. Steak/Kirby's back in the 90s. I love that place.

What a cool idea to have a church built on the literal word. So cool!