CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

smile

If you know me at all, you know I don't just go around smiling. Matty makes me smile. He loved Thomas and Bob the Builder but this week they have been replaced by Elmo and Blue (Blue's clues). Susan bought him another Elmo......this one has a potty chair and sippy cup. You squeeze Elmo's hand, he asks for a drink and then, you guessed it, he needs to use the potty. Matty is good at giving Elmo a drink and then setting him on the potty. This was supposed to entice your child to use the potty himself. Now up until yesterday, Matty had no problem sitting on the potty. (going on the potty was another story) Yesterday and today, he won't even try to sit on the potty and he goes so far as to put the potty seat in the linen closet!
He was watching a video of Elmo that was something we had from the girls and he dances when Elmo (Melmo) puts on his tap shoes. When that was over he told me "more". I said you want Elmo on again? He shook his head no and made the laughing sound the Count from Sesame St. makes. We got a video from Betsy's grandchildren that must be at least 10 yr. old. It has the Count teaching how to count. He loves it.....who would have thought?
Things have not changed a lot from last week......Wm. still working over time. Friday it was until 9 and last night 8. I hate eating that late. I know, he is not happy working that late either. And yes, I am very thankful he has a job. Last week he worked over every night; hopefully it is a trend that won't continue.
Susan has gone to Erie today and then on to NJ tomorrow I think. There are grand openings in both places. She will be home again late Wed. night.

0 comments: