CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 07, 2007

amazing.......

I find it amazing and I really do not know why, as I have seen first my own children and then the other grandchildren go through it. Still it amazes me. Matthew has been increasing his vocabulary on a daily basis. He says a word and if he knows the sign, he does that also. This week he has been talking a blue streak. Yesterday at lunch, well today too for that matter, he told me what he wanted for lunch. Gone are the days when he would open the fridge and bark (that meant he wanted a hot dog, duh, I get it) He said hot dog, cheese, melon. I took out the Hoffman's, he took out the cheese and watermelon. Then he said (and this is why I was amazed) "pudding, please". I was shocked and asked what did you say......he repeated pudding, please. I said, pudding? and he signed and said please!

I also have a very funny Matthew story to tell......if you have had your quota of Matthew for the day, I suggest you move on to another blog. I have laughed about this for 2 days........ We went for our early afternoon (we go for many) walk the other day when we came upon a squirrel that was dead on the side of the road. Now because Matty loves squirrels I was unsure how to tell him it was dead. Remember, there is one that comes on our porch and eats goldfish crackers that Matty drops. Anyway, when we got close to it, he began signing squirrel. I could see it was dead but it also had it's paws under it's head and was lying on it's side. Matty said "Aw" and made a snoring sound. I started to laugh and he told me to shh. So, I said shh, we don't want to wake him do we? I have tried to avoid going that way for the last few days as it is still there but now in pretty bad condition. There is another grandmother in the subdivision who cares for her grandchildren however, she allowed them to play with the dead squirrel.....what's wrong with that picture?

2 comments:

sam said...

Sleeping...the innocence of children.

Amanda Wheeler said...

Playing with the dead squirrel? Gross.

This signing thing sounds so cool! I have friends that are teaching their son to sign.