CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

more ramblings

The pumpkins that Matthew and Papa planted are gradually taking over.




Hopefully this will mean a big pumpkin for Matt and toasted pumpkin seeds for us.




Our garden is coming along, but it pales in comparison to my DIL, Jackie's.

There are now peppers on the pepper plants.........however, what I thought were red peppers turned out to be hot banana peppers.......yikes, who would have thought. They are the only peppers we have yet.....wouldn't you know! Tomatoes are on each of the 6 plants, I can't wait, I love tomatoes.


From Matt.com:

Matt rode his tricycle while Papa and Alice walked along. Can you guess what he got? Yep a donut with chocolate frosting and rainbow sprinkles. FYI, the bakery is at least 3 blocks away from our house and he rode there and back.



One last thing, I have been looking for new recipes I could make that were GF. I found 2 new ones we had the other day. They were great and you don't have to have celiacs to enjoy them. First, I took corn on the cob, melted butter (OK, buttery spread from LOL) and mixed in some brown sugar. Brush the butter mixture on the corn and wrap in aluminum foil and grill for 20 min. YUM! The other was apple pork kabobs This recipe came from gluten freeda.com. It has a combination of garlic and apple jelly and honey which you would not think of as a tasty choice.......but it was fabulous. So glad I tried it.....it is a keeper.

1 comments:

nymrsb said...

Your garden is growing so well! Matt must be pleased. Those recipes sound yummy.